There is so much to learn about having a great relationship with horses. In the Horse Human Connection course with start with understanding yourself.
Equine Assisted Therapist, Asa Woodman, introduces some exercises and ideas to help us master our own energy, fears, anxiety, stress, and body language. Then with horse psychology expert, Lindsey Partridge, we learn some exercises and ideas to help with horse behaviour and training.
In the end we end up with a relationship with horses that is based on understanding not force or intimidation.
During this online course we will walk you through some exercises and concepts to help with:
– finding you and your horse’s calm alert state so you are both ready to learn
– 8 Tools to help prevent you from going ‘Red’ (into a high energy or anxious state)
– how to deal with fear, anxiety, stress, and worry for yourself
– creating a ‘yes’ human
– build refinement and discover how you can start using the power of focus and intent
We have broken the course into four segments that follow the Harmony Training Continuum:
– Respect and Safety
– Calm Connection
– Create a Yes Horse
Each of the sections has a short written piece and a video to help explain the idea and exercise. Most of the videos are short (less than 10 minutes) so that they are easy for you to watch and not too overwhelming. Some of the videos are longer.
We included two different sessions of introducing two horses together and analyzing how they interact.
You get to see a session of ‘Mirroring’ exercise with a horse that is literally screaming and running the fence line and then after just minutes turns into a calm horse at liberty just because of the mirroing exercise.
The course is taught by both Lindsey Partridge (Harmony Horsemanship founder) and Asa Woodman (Level 3 HH instructor, Centered Riding Instructor and Equine Assisted Therapist).
Lindsey Partridge is dedicated to life long learning and helping others connect with their horses.
She is an accomplished student, trainer, and competitor. She has been called ‘Canada’s Horse Whisperer’ by the Toronto Star and ‘The Queen of Thoroughbreds’ by The Rider. She is a Horse Human Relationship Expert.
Highlights of her resume include:
- 2017 Lindsey’s horses The Bowie Van, Bowdrie, and Here Comes Adri won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd at the Thoroughbred Makeover in Trail with the help of 15 yr old student Franny Galvin-Hynes. She was also 2nd in Freestyle and 6th in Field Hunter.
- 2017 Lindsey was the Horse Wrangler for the feature film Autumn Stables and her horses Dreamer, Angel, and Soar (Kahleesi) star in the film.
- 2016 Lindsey’s horse, Dreamer, stars in the movie Unbridled. As well her he was filmed for ‘The Farmer and The Belle’.
- 2016 Thoroughbred Makeover Champion with Trivia Time in both Trail and Freestyle. Lindsey became the first trainer ever to win two disciplines. Lindsey was also the first trainer to have both her horses make finals in both their disciplines because her 2nd horse, Pentland, was 3rd in Trail and Field Hunter.
- 2016 Can Am Equine Expo Extreme Cowboy Champion with Dreamer
- 2015 Thoroughbred Makeover winner with her horse ‘Soar’. Lindsey won 1st in Trail, 3rd in Freestyle and the overall title of Americas Most Wanted Thoroughbred. She was 2nd place with her other horse ‘Lion of Wallstreet’ in the Trail division.
- Platinum level Natural Horsemanship Association Coach and Trainer.
- Level 2 Centered Riding Coach.